Romania Bagration LW - 100

Sotahullu

Romania Bagration LW - 100

Post by Sotahullu »

Ye! Book came and with Forces opening with Command Cards I could finally start making lists.

So here is the first what-I-have-in-hand list I came up with.

Light Tank Tank Company: 24

Light Tank Company HQ 3
- 2 R-35 (37mm)
- 1 R-35 (45mm)

R-35 Tank Platoon 3
- 2 R-35 (45mm)
- 1 R-35 (37mm)

R-35 Tank Platoon 3
- 2 R-35 (45mm)
- 1 R-35 (37mm)

R-35 Tank Platoon 3
- 2 R-35 (45mm)
- 1 R-35 (37mm)

T-4 Tank Platoon 12
- 3 T-4

Motorised Rifle Company: 36

Motorised Rifle Company HQ 2
- 2 Rifle Teams

Motorised Rifle Platoon: 10
- 7 ZB30 MG Teams
- 1 Panzershreck
- 1 60mm Mortar

Motorised Rifle Platoon: 10
- 7 ZB30 MG Teams
- 1 Panzershreck
- 1 60mm Mortar

Motorised ZB53 Machine-gun Platoon: 4
- 4 ZB53 Teams

Motorised 81mm Mortar Platoon: 4
- 3 81mm Mortar Teams

Motorised 47mm Anti-Tank Platoon: 7
- 4 47mm Schneider Teams

Support: 41

100mm Artillery Battery: 8
- 4 100mm Gun Teams

Scout Platoon: 6
- 7 ZB24 & ZB30 Teams
- Replaced with Orita SMG teams

TACAM R-2 Platoon: 8
- 3 TACAM R-2

75mm M43 Anti-Tank Platoon: 11
- 3 75mm M43

HS 129 Assault Flight: 6

Command Cards:

Hs 129 Assault Flight (Replaces Stuka Assault Flight) -2
SMG Scout 0

Total: 100

Before anyone asks, yes R-35s are absolutely miserable but so damn cheap. And I have brought enough other sources of AT so I can field them as mobile bunkers (sort of). FA 3 is that magic number that you don't have to worry about small arms fire (expect rockets).

But as for the list, I imagine playing this more defensively as Romanians are hit on 4+ BUT have skills and morale bit more on sketchy that make pulling more comblicated moves bit more challenging. Definitely going to keep R-35s grouped up while they shield T-4s as they can actually shoot tanks but it can comblicate formation morale if it develops into 1-on-1 shooting contest.

Few things however do bother as I am uncertain if the SMG scouts are the best choice (they only switches weapons) and considering that ZB30 teams have quite good firerate that should I drop HMG platoon for adding Panzerfaust (which if I have to use certainly means something went wrong) or upgrade T-4s with Warrior that gives them tactics 3+ (which is good but bit expensive).
New year, new commies. NVA leads the way!

NDNG_Iron_Tom

Re: Romania Bagration LW - 100

Post by NDNG_Iron_Tom »

I'm not a fan of scout infantry. They just don't spearhead far enough for some of these missions. Can you make them mounted? If so that would give them a decent Cross-Country Dash. If you drop them you will need some recon spearhead unit.

Keep in mind that if you intend to play defensively, then that Armored Reserve rule will screw those little light tanks.

I think the 75mm M43 AT is great. I did not know the Romanians could get the HS-129. That's cool.
Playing Flames of War (main focus) and its variants, Bolt Action, Test of Honor, SW Legion, SW Armada, and now....Cruel Seas

Sotahullu

Re: Romania Bagration LW - 100

Post by Sotahullu »

NDNG_Iron_Tom wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:08 pm
I'm not a fan of scout infantry. They just don't spearhead far enough for some of these missions. Can you make them mounted? If so that would give them a decent Cross-Country Dash. If you drop them you will need some recon spearhead unit.

Keep in mind that if you intend to play defensively, then that Armored Reserve rule will screw those little light tanks.

I think the 75mm M43 AT is great. I did not know the Romanians could get the HS-129. That's cool.
Yeah, I agree that Scout platoon is kinda... not so good. Also they are Aggresive for some bizarre reason (almost all other scouts are Cautious). There is no option to make them mounted but you can make your cavalry into scouts (with some cost).

As for Armoured Reserves... well I got enough guns and infantry to cover that gap. I hope.

And the HS 129 is command card option. Exchanges with Stukas for -2 points! You just have to remember that these HS 129s are almost the same as from MW and so are armed with 30mm gun (and not with bombs or 37mm :roll: ).
New year, new commies. NVA leads the way!

Return to “Flames of War List Discussions”