Fighting First "Courageous and Faithful"

z-bob

Fighting First "Courageous and Faithful"

Post by z-bob »

I'm new to FoW. I have assembled a late-war American army (D-Day book) and will be playing my first game in a few days. And I'm working on a mid-war list because mid-war intrigues me. I have a set of Fighting First command cards. Does the Courageous and Faithful command card affect all the platoons in a M3 Stuart tank company, or just the HQ and one platoon? I'm thinking of adding a M3 Stuart formation with 3 maxed-out Stuart platoons. Upping 16 tanks for just 2 points is too good a deal, so I must be interpreting something wrong. (CaF changes the skill rating from 5+ to 4+, and "is hit on" from 2+ to 3+) What about 2 (or 3 or 4) Stuart tank formations? I assume it's 2 points per formation.

The keywords on the bottom of the card are "US, Build, Unit (M3 Stuart Tank Company HQ, M3 Stuart Tank Platoon" Thanks.

Peter56

Re: Fighting First "Courageous and Faithful"

Post by Peter56 »

The cost is per unit, regardless of how many teams are in the unit.
The HQ is a unit. A platoon is a unit.
Hope that helps.

z-bob

Post by z-bob »

I thought I replied to this a week ago but guess I didn't. Yes, that is very helpful. Thanks. :) I'll have to look at the card again to see how it's worded, but I could probably use it for one platoon of 5 Stuarts attached to some other formation. (unless it specifically says it has to be a Stuart tank formation) I'm working up a new list where I just have an Armored Rifle Company, and my tanks and guns are support.

z-bob

Post by z-bob »

The card is awesome. I just tried it out 2 days ago. It would be worth the 2 points even for the HQ unit with only 1 or 2 tanks.

Return to “Flames of War List Discussions”