Great War Questions

Talk about BattleFront's new Great War game here
Mitch (NDNG)

Great War Questions

Post by Mitch (NDNG) »

Fellow Trench Dwellers

NDNG and NF will have a bunch of articles coming out on 16 and 23 November.

This should answer a lot of your questions, if not message me.,
Mitch
NDNG Staff

Sandancer76

Re: Great War Questions

Post by Sandancer76 »

Thanks for the add to the site. I assume that given the way V4 went that we will no longer need command teams for the machine gun and full artillery batteries?

Afet

Post by Afet »

Are there any plans in the works to include other powers in the Great War book or future supplements?: Russians, Italians, Serbs, Ottomans?

Mitch (NDNG)

Post by Mitch (NDNG) »

Sandancer76 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:34 pm
Thanks for the add to the site. I assume that given the way V4 went that we will no longer need command teams for the machine gun and full artillery batteries?
Corrrect
Mitch
NDNG Staff

Mitch (NDNG)

Post by Mitch (NDNG) »

Afet wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:00 pm
Are there any plans in the works to include other powers in the Great War book or future supplements?: Russians, Italians, Serbs, Ottomans?
I wish. Right now I do not know of any plans for this. I assume it will come down to sculpts and interest.

Also, the focus of the game is 1918, so that leaves out the Russians and Serbs for the most part.
Mitch
NDNG Staff

KillerAngel

Post by KillerAngel »

Mitch (NDNG) wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:55 pm
I wish. Right now I do not know of any plans for this. I assume it will come down to sculpts and interest.
I seem to notice many "sitting it out" until their faction of choice is included. A bit cart vs horse? BF needs interest to invest more, but many unwilling to buy in until their specific interest is included.

From the outside looking in, a 40% off sale feels like a last gasp to clear inventory and/or drum up support. Not much confidence in there being additional investment. Hopefully I'm wrong though, and adding cavalry was a nice surprise.
Last edited by KillerAngel on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

NDNG_Iron_Tom

Post by NDNG_Iron_Tom »

I think BF probably recognizes that WW1 is a very niche period. I’m not sure I’d expect them to but a ton of resources into it. I’m thankful for getting an updated rule book. That exceeded my expectations for what I thought BF would do with WW1 following V4.
Playing Flames of War (main focus) and its variants, Bolt Action, Test of Honor, SW Legion, SW Armada, and now....Cruel Seas

Mitch (NDNG)

Post by Mitch (NDNG) »

Tom has it right 100% right.... I have always been surprised they covered GW in the first place. As with folks waiting it out, I am fresh from working on the TY Poles, and the comments like where are the PT-76s ? Where is the the Naval Infantry? Which reinforces my theory that no single product will make everyone happy. With that said, if you like the FoW rules and like the GW why wouldn't you get a force to play this game?
Mitch
NDNG Staff

NDNG_Iron_Tom

Post by NDNG_Iron_Tom »

Will the basic Great War game board still be 4x4?

One thing I really liked about Great War FoW is that it for you right into the action. It’s like the Barraage is lifted and you are there on the wire!

My biggest concern though is the V4 repeat bombardment rule causing reroll of save to infantry and guns in trenches. A trench should be a lot safer than a foxhole from bombardments. They really should not be tread the same way as they were in V3.
Playing Flames of War (main focus) and its variants, Bolt Action, Test of Honor, SW Legion, SW Armada, and now....Cruel Seas

alamo

Post by alamo »

Mitch, a few years back you wrote a PDF on US marines ,is that still around somewhere? Just wanted uniform details on Marines. Also the hellfighers are seen in french colonial and us...which is accurate? Marine green?????

Return to “Great War”