Airplanes?

Talk about BattleFront's new Great War game here
Justin

Airplanes?

Post by Justin »

Will the new book have airplanes? This I would love to see and have on the tabletop for this game especially because it is focused at the end of the war.
I play Bolt Action, Team Yankee, Flames of War, and Beyond the Gates of Antares, and Hail Caesar.

I am interested in Saga, Muskets & Tomahawks, Pike & Shotte, and other historical games.

Mitch (NDNG)

Re: Airplanes?

Post by Mitch (NDNG) »

Well they didn't really play a huge role in what went on during the ground fight. It takes cannons, rockets, and 500lbs bombs to be effective
Mitch
NDNG Staff

alamo

Post by alamo »

For me it's the novelty of seeing biplanes on table. Maybe they could be used as a low grade mg as support???

Justin

Post by Justin »

I agree, I just want the novelty of having airplanes over the table with some limited light bomb support or machine gun attack. I believe the pilots dropped grenades and small bombs over the enemy. It would be nice to have some Battlefront WW1 airplane models to collect.
I play Bolt Action, Team Yankee, Flames of War, and Beyond the Gates of Antares, and Hail Caesar.

I am interested in Saga, Muskets & Tomahawks, Pike & Shotte, and other historical games.

KillerAngel

Post by KillerAngel »

Wings of Glory is 1/144 I believe. Just because BF doesn't do it, doesn't mean you can't!
http://www.aresgames.eu/games/ww1-wings ... lane-packs

alamo

Post by alamo »

Yeah, I have some WoG planes and intend to do that.

Mitch (NDNG)

Post by Mitch (NDNG) »

You can certainly fly your WoG planes over the fight... I may fly my 0/400 and Zep Straken over the trenches
Mitch
NDNG Staff

NDNG_Iron_Tom

Post by NDNG_Iron_Tom »

If you add air, don’t forget to add in AAA. The Model T Truck mounted French 75mle from the WW2 line would fit in just fine in WW1. MGs were also mounted on tall tripods for AA use in the French and US Armies I know. Others probably had AAA but French and US examples are the only ones that come to mind for me.
Playing Flames of War (main focus) and its variants, Bolt Action, Test of Honor, SW Legion, SW Armada, and now....Cruel Seas

KillerAngel

Post by KillerAngel »

Return to “Great War”