Great War Website and Launch Sale

Talk about BattleFront's new Great War game here
NDNG_Iron_Tom

Re: Great War Website and Launch Sale

Post by NDNG_Iron_Tom »

Could be. It’s also a PDF we had, not the final product.
Playing Flames of War (main focus) and its variants, Bolt Action, Test of Honor, SW Legion, SW Armada, and now....Cruel Seas

1stBn

Post by 1stBn »

Previously FOAN and Nam were separate store websites, now it looks like the web store is all one site. Not sure that is a clue, but more an observation.

alamo

Post by alamo »

Looking forward to this release and some is slowly starting to build. The spoilers here have really helped..... thanks guys. Since none of the BF titles Osprey used to do are listed on their site I ordered thru the BF store.

NDNG_Iron_Tom

Post by NDNG_Iron_Tom »

You are welcome! I you like Great War already, you should really enjoy the additions.
Playing Flames of War (main focus) and its variants, Bolt Action, Test of Honor, SW Legion, SW Armada, and now....Cruel Seas

alamo

Post by alamo »

Am I understanding this correctly.....Belgians use French blisters? Is everything in there to model the platoon correctly?

NDNG_Iron_Tom

Post by NDNG_Iron_Tom »

That's what I heard on the NDNG Podcast I listened this AM.

KillerAngel

Post by KillerAngel »

Looks like another sale on the Great War website through May 26. Memorial Day (US) sale, or struggling to move product?

NDNG_Iron_Tom

Post by NDNG_Iron_Tom »

I believe in Pete’s NDNG podcast he clearly stated that Great War and ‘Nam sales have been disappointing.

alamo

Post by alamo »

NDNG_Iron_Tom wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:18 pm
I believe in Pete’s NDNG podcast he clearly stated that Great War and ‘Nam sales have been disappointing.
Maybe the Nam/GW market is saturated as those players already have forces aren't going to continually jump to buy more. While I'll confess I bought some GW last Nov? and recently bought a large pavn co. to paint in khaki. Playing Nam at strict 50 you don't need tons and it does allow you to pick up odds and ends at your leisure. While it remains difficult to find players perhaps if BF offered bat-raps with pics like Zerknautscer (on here) it would spark the game and folks would see you can play without building 30 t54s and have a good game in a decent time frame. Just thoughts.

NDNG_Iron_Tom

Post by NDNG_Iron_Tom »

Though I am an Great War, ‘Nam, and FoaN player, the only thing I bought with the new releases is the books and cards that I needed.

There are new items/units I’d like to add to each, but MW, TY, and now LW get most of the attention for my money. I think BF may have been releasing too much too quick last year. Lord knows I could not keep up.

Return to “Great War”