Trenchline options

Talk about BattleFront's new Great War game here
KillerAngel

Trenchline options

Post by KillerAngel »

Does anyone have any experience with the Ironclad Miniatures Trench Line system for 15mm? I was looking at getting the BF one while on sale (since it's "official") but the Iron Clad one seems more useful, especially considering you can integrate not just your nest or bunker teams in with the trenches, but also gun and artillery teams.

Thoughts/experiences? Any other options I should look at?
https://www.ironcladminiatures.co.uk/ou ... -15mm.html

NDNG_Iron_Tom

Re: Trenchline options

Post by NDNG_Iron_Tom »

Those are very cool options and very nice pieces. But I’M not too hung up about having my bunkers on the trench line. In game play, I like to have the back behind wher they can shoot over the trenches while helping to provide defensive fire to the troops in them.
Last edited by NDNG_Iron_Tom on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Playing Flames of War (main focus) and its variants, Bolt Action, Test of Honor, SW Legion, SW Armada, and now....Cruel Seas

KillerAngel

Post by KillerAngel »

Hi Tom, I do appreciate the insight. They also have stand alone log MG nests, so they idea in my head is that the regular trench line would be laid out prior to the game like normal, but the defending player has the option to either replace a trench section with the nest or use one of the standalone nests during deployment depending on what they want to do. Likewise they could integrate a gun team into the trench, or use the standalone gun pit.

That's my idea anyway, not sure how it'll play out. Just some friends playing in my basement, so not looking for a competitive edge, just a nice looking trench system with some historic accuracy behind it. I think it especially works if playing a multiple tench line scenario.

Thoughts and suggestions always welcome.

NDNG_Iron_Tom

Post by NDNG_Iron_Tom »

Sounds like a good plan to me, and anything that makes the table look better is always welcome!
Playing Flames of War (main focus) and its variants, Bolt Action, Test of Honor, SW Legion, SW Armada, and now....Cruel Seas

Return to “Great War”