British Flotilla

Naval Small Ship Combat in 1:300 scale
NDNG_Iron_Tom

British Flotilla

Post by NDNG_Iron_Tom »

I decided to go ahead and paint my Stater Set British even though I'll be playing Germans. Maybe I'll add some more to them at some point. The Merchant Tanker is thrown in with the Vospers even though it's indented to be a generic "target"ship.
Attachments
IMG_6692.jpg
IMG_6692.jpg (132.02 KiB) Viewed 3829 times
IMG_6693.JPG
IMG_6693.JPG (128.25 KiB) Viewed 3829 times
Playing Flames of War (main focus) and its variants, Bolt Action, Test of Honor, SW Legion, SW Armada, and now....Cruel Seas

NDNG_Troy

Re: British Flotilla

Post by NDNG_Troy »

Cool!

We're discovering that the Vospers don't stack up well with S-boats in a head to head. They're too under-gunned on each platform. But, when they have a bigger cousin along, or something they can fire torpedos at, they do much better.
Play what you find fun... anything else is a waste of sixes
I currently play: Bolt Action, Warlords of Erehwon, and Cruel Seas
occasionally Blood and Plunder, Armada, and whatever strikes my fancy

NDNG_Iron_Tom

Post by NDNG_Iron_Tom »

Thank you. Germans is what I'm playing really. But as my other local players already have fleets, I did not do much good to trade or give these away. I figured I just might as well paint them up so I could host demo games.
Playing Flames of War (main focus) and its variants, Bolt Action, Test of Honor, SW Legion, SW Armada, and now....Cruel Seas

NDNG_Troy

Post by NDNG_Troy »

NDNG_Iron_Tom wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:08 pm
Thank you. Germans is what I'm playing really. But as my other local players already have fleets, I did not do much good to trade or give these away. I figured I just might as well paint them up so I could host demo games.
If you do demos, and the newbie wants to play the brits, give him a free upgrade to vets on the vospers. Or use the optional rule for Med vessels subject to Torpedos. The latter lets them see torpedos in action (or missing in action as mine usually go too deep to do any good).
Play what you find fun... anything else is a waste of sixes
I currently play: Bolt Action, Warlords of Erehwon, and Cruel Seas
occasionally Blood and Plunder, Armada, and whatever strikes my fancy

Return to “Cruel Seas”